The University of Louisville Honors Student Council (HSC) is made up of students selected to represent the vibrant and diverse Honors students at the University of Louisville. The Council exists to create a variety of academic, social, and volunteer events to enhance and engage the Honors community. In addition, the Council functions as a channel of communication through which Honors students can express their thoughts about the Honors Program and contribute their ideas for its improvement. The Council seeks to:
- Foster academic growth.
- Provide greater leadership and volunteer opportunities to Honors students within the University.
- Create a cohesive student community through social activities.
- Establish a forum through which students, faculty, administration, and staff of the Honors Program may communicate openly and effectively.
- Make a positive difference in the surrounding community through intentional service and social outreach.
- Honors Student Council aims to work through a critical social justice perspective, increase outreach to marginalized communities to ensure equal opportunity on Council and in Honors, assess current policies and practices regarding marginalized students, and advocate for more diverse curriculum and faculty for the University of Louisville.
- Honors Student Council follows the University of Louisville’s Vision of Diversity as stated on their website: www.louisville.edu/diversity